Thursday, August 21, 2008

20 lbs cat

I had to take Zoey to the vet today. She had been guarding her behind and was just generally not feeling too good. So we got an appointment with the doc and she had to have her anal glands expressed, again, poor pussycat. One gland was so bad apparently that it was on the verge of being impacted. I know, I asked the same question you're thinking right now. ''Impacted? What does that mean?'' It means that if we would have waited any longer to bring her in, that anal gland would have exploded. ''Oh my god'' I say, ''What happens if it explodes?'' and the doc said that if an impacted anal gland explodes it basically makes a new hole next to the rectum. Yikes! So she's on antibiotics now, a huge pill every 12 hours for ten days, and then back in 4 weeks to check how full her anal glands are then, and then come up with some sort of schedule of expressing them regularly so they won't explode. My poor kitty cat.

No comments: