Friday, August 8, 2008

Fight or Flight

Me and my mom and the little viking went to WalMart yesterday to buy him a doorway jumper, that boy just loves to bounce, it's his thing. So we didn't go to the local WalMart because they don't have them there, but I saw online that they have them at the other WalMart, which is like a 20 minute drive from here. It is a more, how do I put this, ghetto/white trash/redneck WalMart than the one we have over here. Over here it's mostly students you see while shopping. At the other one you might see someone covered in tattoos wearing hot pants and a wife beater and sporting an ankle bracelet if you know what I mean. And I don't mean the jewelry type...

Anyhoo so we're shopping, buying stuff, and they had the jumper I wanted for my viking, and we're making our way toward the registers and we hear a commotion, loud voices and people are clearly arguing about something. At this, my instincts told me to back off, retreat, to take my mother and my baby and hide in an aisle no one goes to, the health food section. Of course the brawl was over before I could find the health food section, and it was no big deal apparently because I saw the employees smiling afterwards. Probably something silly like people fighting over the last pineapple (are you a fan of awesome flavor? kudos to you if you get that quote). But what struck me was that while I was all in ''run away'' mode, people at this particular store were in ''must see what's going on'' mode. This one guy practically ran past us with his cart, trying to catch a glimpse of what was going on, his hair blowing in the wind.

That's what we get for shopping in the hillbillier WalMart I suppose.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like the look of the page girlfriend!! And yeah totally serves you right for going shopping in hillbilly town!! But it's always exciting when there's drama on a typical supermarket visit... I mean something's gotta keep youi awake walking up and down those aisles!! :-)